A Superb Quality, Highly Digestible Palm Fat
Silver Prills is based on palm stearin, a by-product from the processing of palm oil. It is high in C16:0 content, extremely high in energy and used as a top dress or in TMR’s.
What are Palm Fats and C16:0?
The Skinny on Palm Fats is a great overview of the benefits of palm fats in dairy rations, price drivers in the palm oil market and the differences between C16:0 (Palmitic Acid) & C18:0 (Stearic Acid).
Features & Benefits
- High C16 Content
- Extremely High in Energy
- Crude Fat 99%
- Consistent Quality
- Produced in one factory, resulting in consistent quality.
- A palatable product for use as a top dress or in TMR’s.
- Easy to Handle
- Snow-white, free-flowing mini-prills are easily handled and incorporate well into the ration.
(% dry matter unless stated otherwise)
ME (MJ/kg DM)
C14 and below
Free fatty acids (% oil)
Feeding & Using
- Silver Prills can be incorporated into a total mixed ration, top-dressed onto forage or included in a blend. Silver Prills can also be incorporated into dairy grain rations or supplements.
- Feeding Rates
- Dairy Cows: up to 500g/head/day
- Milking Goats & Ewes: up to 50g/head/day
- Silver Prills is based on palm stearin, a by-product from the processing of palm oil. The crude palm oil is cleaned, distilled and then fractionated to purify the C16 content.
- Store out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place. Stack pallets no more than two high.
- Shelf Life: 15 months from date of manufacture.
Please complete the form below to find out from an expert.