ReaShure® Precision Release Choline is encapsulated choline, protected from rumen degradation through a proprietary process and delivered to the small intestine where it is absorbed. Choline is an essential nutrient for the health and well-being of animals and humans.
For cows, launch is the transition period. A smooth transition can boost peak milk production, increasing the altitude from which the glide path of her lactation begins.
- Higher peak milk production
- 2.1 kg (4.6 lbs)/cow/day more milk
- 635 kg (1,403 lbs)/cow for entire lactation
New research from the University of Florida shows cows consuming a transition ration containing ReaShure had higher peaks and produced an additional 2.1 kg (4.6 lbs) of milk per day compared to cows that did not consume ReaShure. That would mean an additional 1,403 (635 kg) lbs of milk for that lactation
- Supports Fat Metabolism – Cows experience hormonal changes and negative energy balance around calving time which causes fat to be mobilized from body stores.
- Supports Milk Fat Synthesis – The cow’s liver uses choline to package the mobilized fat into very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) which are then transported to the mammary gland and used as a fuel source or synthesized into milk fat.
- Reduces Ketosis – If cows are deficient in choline, fat cannot be transported out of the liver and is stored there. Because the liver has limited ability to store fat it is diverted toward the production of ketones which enter the blood stream and may elevate to the point of toxicity (ketosis), causing reduced feed intake and consequently reduces milk yield.
Effects of supplementation with ruminally-protected choline on performance of multiparous Holstein cows did not depend upon prepartum intake of calories. University of Florida study, Zenobi et al., 2017 in press