A Superb Quality, Highly Digestible Palm Fat
Golden Flake is a palm oil based by-product, which is high in C16:0 & C18:0 content, extremely high in energy and a very palatable protected fat. Golden Flake can be incorporated into a total mixed ration, top-dressed onto forage or included in a blend.
What are Palm Fats, C16:0 and C18:0?
The Skinny on Palm Fats is a great overview of the benefits of palm fats in dairy rations, price drivers in the palm oil market and the differences between C16:0 (Palmitic Acid) & C18:0 (Stearic Acid).
Features & Benefits
- High C16 & C18 Content
- Extremely High in Energy
- Crude Fat 99%
- Consistent Quality
- Produced in one factory, resulting in consistent quality.
- A very palatable protected fat. Golden Flake is considered an odour neutral product.
- Easy to Handle
- Golden-coloured, free-flowing flakes are easy to handle and mix well into the ration.
(% dry matter unless stated otherwise)
ME (MJ/kg DM)
C14 and below
Free fatty acids (% oil)
Feeding & Using
- Golden Flake can be incorporated into a total mixed ration, top-dressed onto forage or included in a blend. Golden Flake is also easily incorporated into complete grain rations and supplements.
- Feeding Rates
- Dairy Cows: up to 500g/head/day
- Milking Goats & Ewes: up to 50g/head/day
- Golden Flake is based on palm oil by-products rich in palmitic acid. Palm fatty acid distillate is hardened to increase the melting point of the product.
- Store out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place. Stack pallets no more than two high.
- Shelf Life: 18 months from date of manufacture.
Please complete the form below to find out from an expert.