Hoof Care Program – Choosing a Footbath Aid
Footbaths are a proactive, economic and a useful way for farmers to help prevent & control hoof problems, such as digital dermatitis in their dairy cattle. Once a farmer commits to a hoof care program, knowing what to use as a footbath aid can be a real challenge.
A common footbath aid used in hoof care programs is dry copper sulphate – many dairy farmers have stood by it for generations. However, we’re seeing a growing trend in liquid source of copper replacing this old tradition.
One product in particular that stands out is Copper Hoof 2X – it’s a unique, concentrated liquid source of copper, which is easy to use, costs less and is better for the environment.
How It Works
- Copper Hoof 2X immediately takes the footbath solution into the acidic range to optimize solubility.
- Copper Hoof 2X keeps pH in the optimum range longer, even in the presence of hard water salts and manure.
- The concentrated power of Copper Hoof 2X solution keeps the copper ions active in the footbath. Virtually 100% of the powerful copper ions remain available.
- Copper Hoof 2X’s suspended ionic copper requires no mixing – it disperses immediately. It is then slowly and fully utilized over time. It remains suspended uniformly in the footbath, which eliminates sediment and further mixing requirements.
- Some other products can tie up the copper in tight chemical bonds, which weakens potential activity and can prevent the copper from going into solution.
- At typical prices, Copper Hoof 2X can save a farmer up to 50% over alternative programs.
- The convenient liquid form saves even more in labour and storage costs.
Usage – Footbath Application
- Copper Hoof 2X works best in a comprehensive alternative program.
- In normal conditions: Pour 12-16oz of Copper Hoof 2X into a 200L/50G footbath to treat 150 – 200 cows.
- In extreme conditions: Pour 16-20oz of Copper Hoof 2X into a 200L/50G footbath to treat 150 – 200 cows.
Usage – Spray Applicator (10:1 Ratio)
- Mix Copper Hoof 2X with water (10:1 ratio) and spray as required to affected areas on the hooves. Directly treat the affected areas and see the product in action on the hoof.
- Because the unique carrier in Copper Hoof 2X maintains the copper as free, active ions, less precipitates from the solution – less ends up in the pits, lagoon and ultimately on your fields.
- Lower pollution means a more environmentally friendly dairy.
Copper Hoof 2X?
Please complete the form below to contact our experts with your inquiry.