Our employees are the foundation of all that we achieve at Pestell Minerals & Ingredients. None of our success – past, present or future, is at all possible without the contributions of our dedicated team.
Working at Pestell Minerals offers many opportunities including the chance to be a part of a progressive industry leader, to develop and evolve your career and to share in fun experiences with a great bunch of people. If this sounds like an environment you would like to be part of, we would love to hear from you.
Job Title: IT Assistant
The Pestell Group located in New Hamburg, ON is currently recruiting for a Full-time, permanent IT Assistant to support our IT department.
The primary focus of the IT Assistant role is to provide Level I support the IT function of the company by ensuring smooth delivery of IT services to all users including desktop support (hardware and software), the helpdesk ticketing system, and data management.
It consists of a variety of information technology support duties to monitor, troubleshoot, and document the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results.
- Monitors and operates the company Helpdesk IT ticketing system by responding to ticket requests within 30 minutes. Communicates ongoing progress of the helpdesk issues with the end users.
- Ensures all Company end-user devices are functioning as required and maintains records of Company end-user devices including any changes/updates.
- Ensures all computers have the most current up to date software installed and all computers are in compliance with approved installed software.
- Documents any new or revised IT procedures and policies
- Provides any software/hardware training to end users as needed.
- Maintains an organized and clean workspace, file space and equipment storage areas.
- Updates supervisor on status of projects or technical issues.
- Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly and determines when to refer problems to the supervisor or next level of support.
- Brand new state of the art office environment
- Fast-paced, demanding, respectful work environment
- Post secondary Information Technology Support Services diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experience in an IT department in a support helpdesk role
- Working knowledge of the following:
- all PC hardware including laptops, tablets, and printers
- Microsoft services such as: AD, DHCP, DNS, Print services, Group Policy, IIS and Hyper-V
- Networking fundamentals: Routing, Switching, 7 layer OSI model and 4 layer TCP model.
- All smartphone platforms which include iOS, Android and Blackberry
- Microsoft Office 365 Mail servers and Office Applications
- Windows Operating systems including: Windows 7 through 10 and Windows CE (Tablets)
- Avaya IP phones
What We Offer
- $45,000 annual salary
- Company health and dental benefits
- RSP matching program
Send your resume Attn: HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we have availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes.
Looking for retired or retired or semi-retired AZ drivers or farmers with current AZ license, for part time day shift deliveries to local customers using tri axle 53 ft. trailers. Flexible hours and no overnight travel required.
Pay Rate: $20 / hr.
If there are no vacancies at the present time, we invite you to send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.